Re: [Piggy Bank] proxy settings

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:08:08 -0400

Stephan Strittmatter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to play with the Piggy Bank Plugin for Firefox, but I have to set
> up a proxy to reach the Internet.
> I tried to set up the Proxy options of the plugin, but the data is not
> stored. If I reopen the Option window the fields are reset to be empty.
>
> * Can I set these settings manualy in an property file? If yes, where is it
> located? (I already searched but found nothing)

I think those proxy settings are pretty much fake. It was a reminder for
us to do it and then we didn't have time for the release.

> * Is there already a JIRA entry for this issue?

not sure is the one you think, but it's close

http://simile.mit.edu/issues/browse/PIGGYBANK-34

> * Why you are not using the proxy settings of Firefox, which yould be
> flexible by using proxyconf.js?

good point, we should.

btw, this is an open source project. Patches are welcome :-)

(and here at MIT we don't have proxies so don't count on us to make that
a big priority)