Re: Google maps / Unresponsiveness

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:44:06 -0400

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> eric_at_prebys.com wrote:
>
>>i tried to install piggy-bank on deerpark alpha 1. got the
>>following error:
>>
>>"Piggy Bank" could not be installed because of an error in
>>its Install Manifest ("2.0b2 (20050623)" is not a valid
>>Version String). Please contact the author of this item
>>about the problem.
>
> We are aware of this (and should be fixed in the new version that Ryan
> just released). But there are some other incompatibility problems with
> deerpark, it seems.

As it is not a simple matter of fixing the install manifest to make PB
work in Deerpark, this was not repaired in the version I released (the
error as given above is probably more helpful than allowing an install
to go forward that doesn't actually work).

See http://simile.mit.edu/issues/browse/PIGGYBANK-33 for the fix if you
feel like experimenting on Deerpark.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327