Re: longwell build system

From: Jon Crump <jjcrump_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:37:43 -0700 (PDT)

Erik,

How very useful to have you around! Thanks much for your insight. In the
interests of closure for this thread, I thought I should report that I did
indeed use the via build.xml file as a model for an XSL transformation of
the raw XML file of my data. It worked like a charm. Whatever engine is
performing the transformation (I'm only assuming it's saxon7.jar because I
found it in ./tools/lib/), it turns out to be XSL 2.0 compliant because it
had no trouble at all with my stylesheet. So the issue of plugging in
saxon8.jar didn't arise.

This 'build' business is very handy. All kinds of things ought to be
possible: shell scripts, downloads, html screen scrapes, all kinds of
stuff to automate. Your users could benefit from some guidance on how to
manipulate ant with longwell in mind.

Once again, kudos and great thanks to all.

Jon
J.J. Crump
Dept. of History 353560
University of Washington