Re: examples of linking bibliographic RDF to articles

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:21:45 -0400

On Jul 13, 2005, at 5:21 PM, Alf Eaton wrote:

> In HubMed I'm using RDF in this (example <http://www.hubmed.org/
> export/rdf.cgi?uids=16002735>) format:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <rdf:RDF
> xmlns:bibtex="http://purl.oclc.org/NET/nknouf/ns/bibtex#"
> xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
> xmlns:prism="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/basic/"
> xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
> xmlns:vcard="http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0#"
> >

> <bibtex:article rdf:about="uri:info:pmid/16002735">
> <dc:title>Targeting Positive Regulatory Domain I-Binding Factor 1
> and X Box-Binding Protein 1 Transcription Factors by Multiple
> Myeloma-Reactive CTL.</dc:title>
> <dc:description>Growing evidence indicates that multiple myeloma
> (MM) and other malignancies are susceptible to CTL-based immune
> interventions. We studied whether transcription factors inherently
> involved in the terminal differentiation of mature B lymphocytes
> into malignant and nonmalignant plasma cells provide MM-associated
> CTL epitopes. HLA-A*0201 (A2.1) transgenic mice were used to
> identify A2.1-presented peptide Ag derived from the plasma cell-
> associated transcriptional regulators, positive regulatory domain I-
> binding factor 1 (PRDI-BF1) and X box-binding protein 1 (XBP-1).
> A2.1-restricted CTL specific for PRDI-BF1 and XBP-1 epitopes
> efficiently killed a variety of MM targets. PRDI-BF1- and XBP-1-
> reactive CTL were able to recognize primary MM cells from A2.1(+)
> patients. Consistent with the expression pattern of both
> transcription factors beyond malignant and nonmalignant plasma
> cells, PRDI-BF1- and XBP-1-specific CTL activity was not entirely
> limited to MM targets, but was also associated with lysis of
> certain other malignancies and, in defined instances, with low-to-
> intermediate level recognition of a few types of normal cells. Our
> results also indicate that the A2.1-restricted, PRDI-BF1- and XBP-1-
> specific human CD8(+) T cell repertoire is affected by partial self
> tolerance and may thus require the transfer of high-affinity TCR to
> break tolerance. We conclude that transcription factors governing
> terminal cellular differentiation may provide MM- and tumor-
> associated CTL epitopes.</dc:description>

I suggest dcterms:abstract would be more appropriate.

> <dc:creator>
> <foaf:Person>
> <foaf:name>C Lotz</foaf:name>
> <vcard:Given></vcard:Given>
> <vcard:Family>Lotz</vcard:Family>
> </foaf:Person>
> </dc:creator>

I'd suggest using using your preference of foaf:firstName,
foaf:givenname, and / or foaf:surname rather than vcard.

http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ for more detail (don't be discouraged by
the 'testing' status of some of these terms...)

Alf, What are you thoughts on giving URIs to people?

> <dc:identifier></dc:identifier>

I'd suggest not using properties with no value.

> <prism:publicationName>J Immunol</prism:publicationName>
> <prism:publicationDate>2005-07-15</prism:publicationDate>
> <prism:volume>175</prism:volume>
> <prism:number>2</prism:number>
> <prism:startingPage>1301</prism:startingPage>
> <prism:endingPage>1309</prism:endingPage>
> <prism:isPartOf rdf:resource="urn:issn:0022-1767"/>
> </bibtex:article>
> </rdf:RDF>
>
> linked with <link rel="alternate"...> in the head of each page, eg
> < http://www.hubmed.org/display.cgi?uids=16002735>

+1 :)

Matthew, is the profile that Alf has created for hubmed satisfy your
requirements? To the extent you both reuse these constructs people /
applications, etc. benefit.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/