a faster piggy-bank on my mac

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:02:26 -0400

I don't have a clear understanding of how this happened as I played
with too many variables at once to know which is the culprit. But
with an upgrade of my Mac to Tiger, installing the 0.92 java
embedding plugin [1] and upgrading to the new Firefox 1.0.6 release
[2] I'm seeing a noticeable performance gain in the piggy-bank plugin.

While I haven't don't have any specific bench-marks to compare this
to, I'm looking at what I believe to be at least a 3x performance
increase. Also, I'm not seeing the painful one-time initialization
delay that we've seen the past when loading a new piggy-bank plugin.

It may be the memory fix mentioned for Firefox 1.1 [3] made it into
the 1.0.6 release as well. Anyone else running the new Firefox 1.0.6
seeing an increase in performance?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/javaplugin/
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
[3] http://www.understandingxml.com/archives/2005/06/