Re: [RT] Moving Piggy Bank forward...

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman_at_aduna.biz>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:16:10 +0200

Matthew Cockerill wrote:
> I wonder if the opensource Berkeley DB Java Edition might have potential as some part of Piggy Bank's persistence solution?
> http://www.sleepycat.com/products/je.shtml
>
> There is a hint here:
> http://jena.sourceforge.net/contrib/contributions.html
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-266.pdf
> that some work on RDF persistence with Berkeley DB java edition has been done (using Jena rather than Sesame) by Chris Dollin, and that it performs pretty well compared to relational databases.

FWIW: we considered using BDB-JE in Sesame too, but decided not to use
it as it would restrict free use of the combination in projects that are
not open source. I don't know if this is an issue for Piggy Bank, so
please ignore this message if it's not :-)

Cheers,

Arjohn

--
arjohn.kampman_at_aduna.biz