RE: [RT] Moving Piggy Bank forward...

From: Shashi Kant <skant_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:32:35 -0500

>application
>> for Firefox...but I am a bit hesitant at considering a standalone
>> application just for that reason alone. My guess is, a
>standalone app
>> will pose an entirely new set of challenges and does not
>necessarily solve anything.
>
>hmmmm

Sorry didn't mean to be a contrarian or a put-down on the approach you
proposed. But some food for thought before we go down that path.

IME,when faced with issues moving to a new platform or approach is often
very tempting and attractive, and I admit I have been guilty of that myself
quite a few times. But we also ended with a whole new set of problems...

Maybe working with the existing PB - given the amount of blood, sweat and
tears that has gone into it - we can resolve the issues. Just wanted to be
sure we have considered all the pros/cons before we make that call...