Re: [RT] Moving Piggy Bank forward...

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:46:14 -0700

Shashi Kant wrote:
> Stefano
>
> I would like to my 2 cents to this discussion...
>
> I know there are technical challenges to writing a plug-in application for
> Firefox...but I am a bit hesitant at considering a standalone application
> just for that reason alone. My guess is, a standalone app will pose an
> entirely new set of challenges and does not necessarily solve anything.

hmmmm

> Of course, we all know about the hesitancy of users to install yet another
> application onto their system.

True, but it really depends on what you give them and how easy it is to
install it. I'm not really afraid of that.

> How about considering a compromise solution..say like Mercora (the P2P music
> app) you can run it either from within the browser or standalone depending
> on your preference...I know this might mean extra work for all of us, but
> worth considering...

Yes. I don't plan to throw away the possibility of running PB inside the
browser, but I want to have the choice myself and, at the very least,
try both approaches and see which one works better for me.