Re: [announcement] Piggy Bank 2.0.4 Released

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:00:49 -0700

Alf Eaton wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2005, at 12:34, Alf Eaton wrote:
>
>> On 30 Jul 2005, at 10:20, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>

>>> I'm happy to announce the release of Piggy Bank 2.0.4 that is now
>>> runnable on both Firefox 1.0.x and Deer Park alpha 2 (branch that
>>> will result in Firefox 1.5 when finished)
>>>

>> Excellent, thanks Stefano. It seems to be working well so far.
>>
>> alf.
>>

> Unfortunately, after using it for a while, it still seems to be making
> Firefox leak loads of memory and lock up after a while (using Mac Deer
> Park Alpha 2).

Yes, I noticed this myself trying it out last night. :-(

Well, the bad news is that it seems to be something that piggy-bank does
to firefox, not some internal problems.

The good news is that if we fix it, we don't have to wait until
everybody moves to deerpark.

I'll make finding this leak my first priority next week (I already have
an idea of where that might be... and I finally managed to build firefox
from source on my machine (boy that thing is *huge*!) so I'll get myself
dirty with C++, IDL and friends would the need emerge.)

Anyway, don't expect anything this weekend, I'm in LA and enjoying the
sunny-yet-dry-therefore-pleasent california's weather :-)