Re: FRAR

From: Ian Davis <iand_at_internetalchemy.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:56:58 +0100

On 03/08/2005 13:41, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> From the FBRR blog, a companion to the FRBR for authority data:
>
> http://www.ifla.org/VII/d4/wg-franar.htm
>
> There's a discussion of Person representation, names, etc.

Interesting. There's lots of work we can draw on so we can keep
invention to a minimum. It's also a candidate for expression in RDF.

I don't think Leigh or Dan were copied on the original message but IFLA
have given us permission to use some of the text from the FRBR report in
the schema. There might be an issue around commercial use that needs a
wider discussion from people who understand copyright better than me.

There are also more people getting involved and interested in this
project and its relation to other FRBR projects so I'm wondering if the
offer to host a mailing list at W3C is still valid? I'd like to have a
public archive of these conversations and although yahoogroups would
serve, it's not ideal.

Cheers,

Ian