Re: [announcement] DSpace Scraper - Reloaded

From: Matthew Cockerill <matt_at_biomedcentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:25:19 +0100

Stefano,

My apologies - misreading on my part as a result of overzealous
mental multithreading, and not quite grasping the meaning of:
"semantic linking by field collision" or "implicit ontological
collision"

[In fact, I could still do with some clarification on what you mean
by those phrases: "ontological collision" has an impressively small
number of hits as a Google search....]

Anyway, great to hear that we're agreed (I think) on the importance
of mapping and ontological glue, to make a kind of sense of the many
overlapping ontologies that are going to be in use.
I do certainly agree with the sentiment behind your "data first" blog
posting, and can think of many examples showing the success of this
approach.

Matt