Re: Just Starting Out

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:30:12 +0200

On 8/15/05, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2005, at 5:35 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
> > An option for dealing with loose text notes might be to paste them
> > into a blogging system, export as RSS 1.0 . WordPress with the FOAF
> > Output plugin can provide fairly rich metadata, there's the category
> > stuff and links within content are pulled out as dcterms:references
> > statements (e.g. as at [1]).
>
> A wiki seems more appropriate for notes of these sort things. I'm not
> aware of any good wiki software that also exports RDF though.

heh, I've also got piles of data in a Wiki (on a local server) which
I've also been using as a notepad. I did RDF-enable it at one point
[1], but a quick scan suggests I later turned that off (possibly for a
Jena upgrade).

Last time I looked Platypus Wiki was *the* RDF Wiki, though there are
quite a few Wikis with varying degrees of RDF support, usually via
RSS. (I think SnipSnap looked promising).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://dannyayers.com/index.php?s=stikiwiki+rdf&submit=Search+Archives

--