Re: GRDDLing microformats with Greasemonkey

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:39:47 +0200

On 8/25/05, Alf Eaton <alf_at_hubmed.org> wrote:
> On 25 Aug 2005, at 10:38, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
> > Alf Eaton's done a Greasemonkey script to extract RDF from XHTML
> > microformats:
> >
> > http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/001187.html
> >

> But I hadn't posted it here yet as I wasn't sure how it related to
> Piggy Bank :-)

Heh, sorry Alf, I'd forgotten you were already over here.

> This was why I was asking about a trigger for getting RDF from
> Javascript into Piggy Bank - the script ends up with the RDF/XML as a
> DOM fragment or a data: URI, neither of which Piggy Bank picks up, so
> I was trying to find the easiest way to get around this (or maybe
> rewrite the script as a Piggy Bank screen scraper, but that still
> ends up at the same situation after doing the XSLT transformation).

Bear in mind I haven't looked inside Piggy Bank or played with
Greasemonkey (soon!), but I wonder if something like your script could
act as a Piggy Bank Lite. No need to install all the client-side Java
stuff, but the what the script discovers could be passed to a
(possibly 3rd party) server-side personal/shared datastore, a la
Semantic Bank.

Cheers,
Danny.

--