Re: PiggyBank install feedback

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:06:05 -0400

On Oct 6, 2005, at 10:51 AM, MacKenzie Smith wrote:

> At 04:20 PM 10/5/2005 -0700, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> MacKenzie Smith wrote:
>>
>>> From a usability perspective, my opinion is that there should be
>>> 3 stages:
>>> 1. collect -- combines 1 and 2. I don't see why anyone would go
>>> to the bother of collecting a bunch of RDF that they didn't want
>>> to save beyond the browser session... what's the use case for that?
>>>

>> Do this simple test: go on simile.mit.edu and click on the data
>> coin.... a lot of that information might even be anonymous nodes
>> that you have no idea what they are.
>>
>> Personally, I save a fraction of the data I collect, so I would be
>> very much against this.

Agreed. I absolutely don't want to collect all of the data I run
across. Selection is very important.

> If that's the case, then the first verb is wrong... how about
>
> 1. preview
> 2. collect
> 3. copy
> 4. publish

I was thinking view, save, copy, share. Regardless, however, I agree
our current verbs are confusing.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/