Re: problem with Firefox Beta 2

From: Alf Eaton <lists_at_hubmed.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 17:59:30 -0400

On 07 Oct 2005, at 16:59, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Alf Eaton wrote:
>>
>>> Piggy Bank 2.1.0 seems to be causing a problem with the new
>>> Firefox Beta 2, on Mac OS X at least. After the first page is
>>> loaded, the browser will stop responding. Force quitting Firefox
>>> and moving the {e29a... folder out of Firefox's extensions
>>> folder (thus uninstalling Piggy Bank) makes Firefox work again.
>>>
>>> I just tried with a fresh profile and it did the same thing.
>>>
>> I'll look into this, it was on my todo list anyway.
>>

> Works fine for me.
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b5)
> Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1 with Piggy Bank 2.1.0

Odd. I have the same settings as those. I've tried setting the Java
application settings (in Java Preferences) to either 1.5 or 1.4.2 as
well, just in case, but that didn't make any difference.

It's not even getting to the stage of initialising the database: I
uninstalled the extension, removed the piggy-bank folder, reset
piggyBank.version, quit Firefox and then reinstalled the extension -
now Firefox starts up, but at the end of displaying the first page it
just hangs (though the menus still respond) and the piggy-bank folder
doesn't get created.

alf.