Re: problem with Firefox Beta 2

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:32:04 -0700

Alf Eaton wrote:

> On 07 Oct 2005, at 16:59, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> I'll look into this, it was on my todo list anyway.
>>>

>> Works fine for me.
>>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b5)
>> Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1 with Piggy Bank 2.1.0
>

> Odd. I have the same settings as those. I've tried setting the Java
> application settings (in Java Preferences) to either 1.5 or 1.4.2 as
> well, just in case, but that didn't make any difference.
>
> It's not even getting to the stage of initialising the database: I
> uninstalled the extension, removed the piggy-bank folder, reset
> piggyBank.version, quit Firefox and then reinstalled the extension - now
> Firefox starts up, but at the end of displaying the first page it just
> hangs (though the menus still respond) and the piggy-bank folder doesn't
> get created.

Try this. Go into your profile, open prefs.js and write

user_pref("piggyBank.debug", true);
user_pref("piggyBank.debug.redirectJSConsole", true);
user_pref("piggyBank.debug.tracing.classloader", true);
user_pref("piggyBank.debug.tracing.java", true);
user_pref("piggyBank.debug.tracing.javascript", true);

in it, then open the Console program (from the Utilities folder),
apple-n for a new window, open the tree sidebar on the left and search
for ~/Library/java console.log (so you have the two piggybank outputs in
front of you).

That should give you more indication about what's going on.