calling java from a javascript XPCOM component

From: Andrew Harrison <A.B.Harrison_at_cs.cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:29:08 +0100

Hi,

This is really a general question. Piggybank seems to be able to create
Java object from within a Javascript component. Could anyone explain
how this was achieved? I've got LiveConnect working in the JavaScript
on an html page, but when I try the same thing from within a component
it doesn't work. So somehow I need to tell Firefox to use the
LiveConnect when it's loading the component, but I can't work out how.

Any help appreciated.

cheers,

Andrew

PS - I'm on a Mac - but like I say, I've got the LiveConnect working in
an html page.