RE: Piggy Bank, timeline visualization, and scrapers

From: Rickard Öberg <rickard.oberg_at_senselogic.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:59:12 +0200

Hej!

> Rickard, regarding your passus on the Semantic Bank Server:
>
> Have you managed to get a installation of a Semantic Bank Server running
> without errors in your own OS-enviroment? If so, would it be possible for
> you to provide a reference - i.e. the OS-platform, OS-version, Java-version
> et al to this forum?

Well, getting it started was not very difficult, and there were no errors and so on. What happens with Google Maps, specifically, is that when I select "coordinates (map)" while showing some data I get about ~30 JavaScript warnings in the console, all coming from the file http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/maps.25.js, and one error saying "_XMLHTTP is not defined" in map.js in the Semantic Bank. If I "fix" that by replacing it with "new XMLHttpRequest()" I get another error saying "D is not defined". It seems like the level of errors here are such that everyone should get them and not only me. But in any case, I am using FireFox 1.0.6 if that helps.

regards,
  Rickard