RE#4.1: SEMANTIC-BANK Q&A: Neither sh- or bat-scripts will finalize cleanly: Unless using US-ENG

From: Patrik Holmer <NNTP.psbh_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:02:41 +0200

Stefano, Eric, Ryan et al, thank's for spending time with this - as it
seems, internationalization - issue of mine.

SM wrote:
Done-> 1) download the latest version of semantic bank
Done-> 2) "cd" into it
Done-> 3) type "./semantic-bank.sh run semantic-bank.properties src/rdf"
Okey-> [don't type anything else afterwards and let the console running]
Done-> 4) point your browser to "http://127.0.0.1:8888/bank/"

I followed the instructions above. It still wouldn't work, ending up in a
basic Semantic Bank, even when trying the tips provided by Eric Miller.

Fortunately, having a dejà-vu about the with-standing 'lingua
franca'-problem in computing, I upgraded a unit to Slackware 10.2 for
Firefox-support and installed a Firefox 1.0.6 in US English. Although, using
the "data icon" on http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/ didn't help matters,
publishing a 'news item'-RDF from the commercial site www.infoworld.com did!
It turned up as Starting Points - News (1).

It seems to me, that the old problem of internationalization, dating back to
the times when I was using Floppy Discs large as underlays, still persists.
Up to now, I've been expecting
http://www.w3.org/International/Activity.html.

Please, provide a system reference on the Install-page of Semantic Bank,
regarding; OS-platform, Firefox-version, language-versions and the expected
result of the default installation of Semantic Bank and Piggy Bank.

// Patrik