[heads up] less hacks in Piggy Bank in the future?

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:06:03 -0500

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/javaconnect/

Brand new project, unlike the BlackConnect project that is 5 years old
and really dead.

The mozilla folks are ramping up XULRunner and a java/XPCOM bridge is
*sweeeet*. Not sure how to port this back into firefox, but shouldn't be
that hard.

The way we do this is now a LiveConnect/XPCOM hack and I suspect that
some of our (unfortunately still existing) memory leaks are due to that.

JavaConnect will not change any of our functionality but it might help
solving the memory leaking issue... I'll keep investigating in the
meanwhile.