Re: Piggy bank ports

From: David Huynh <dfhuynh_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:26:10 -0500

That's quite odd since Piggy Bank seems to be able to parse the
scrapers' metadata themselves and that requires going through your
firewall/proxy. It's the step of retrieving the Javascript code that
fails. Do you have Piggy Bank's and Longwell's code checked out? Could
you take a look in the class edu.mit.simile.piggyBank.GRDDLModel,
function getCode(...)? I think that call to new URL(url).openStream()
fails. But the function that loads the scrapers' metadata and succeeds
is edu.mit.simile.SimileUtilities.loadDataFromURL(...) (in the Longwell
codebase).

David