Re: java callbackks

From: Andrew Harrison <a.b.harrison_at_cs.cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:16:07 +0000

I'll do my best. The message from Javaconnect is they are working on
a component loader that will enable a bidi connection. But it's a
hairy business building that into an 'XP' API.

But I had another thought (I'm a newbie to all this - I just wanted
to write an extension and thought it would be a two-dayer). So the
firefox AJAX component handles asynchronous messages. This just (I
think) makes the most of the AsycOpen method of a channel (i.e. adds
a listener etc.) The moz impl is http centric, but if one assigned a
protocol to listen to Java like 'myjava://' and implemented a channel
(and wrapper like xmlHttpRequest) that spoke to Java, would that work?

perhaps I'm rambling...

cheers,

Andrew