Re: Craigslist scraper coordinates

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:39:49 -0500

dfhuynh_at_csail.mit.edu wrote:
> Sorry all, my quick fix to Google Maps change has a side effect that it returns
> Kansas for all addresses that could not be mapped. This is because the fix
> looks for the "center" variable in the response from Google Maps, and Google
> Maps centers itself on Kansas if it can't locate an address...

that explains it (no wiz of oz, then, bummer).

So, the hacky solution would be react to that geographical location and
transform it into a "couldn't map".

That means that the poor people of the Coffeyville Country Club in
Coffeyville, Kansas won't be able to tag the field north to their
property in Piggy Bank, but I personally don't see that as such a big
deal :-)

Of course, no offense intended for the fine people of Coffeyville, KA. ;-)