AW: Piggy-Bank and rdfx-files (incl. short introduction)

From: Svensson, Lars <svensson_at_dbf.ddb.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:56:57 +0100

In litteris suis de Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2006 18:32, Stefano Mazzocchi
<mailto:stefanom_at_mit.edu> scripsit:

> Lars,
>
> welcome to the party, make yourself at home. Yes, it's totally ok to
> reply to older threads and restart a conversation that you care about.
Thanks, I'll try to come back to the older threads soon.

>> Now for a question:
>>
>> When browsing some rdf-enabled pages and saving bits to Piggy-Bank
>> (Piggy-Bank 2.1.1 on Firefox 1.5), I came across seeAlso-references
>> to *.xrdf-files (like http://www.aaronsw.com/about.xrdf). When I
>> open the file (dereference the URI) I get something looking like a
>> perfectly valid foaf-file, but the Piggy-Bank data coin doesn't show
>> up. Im I doing something wrong?
>
> No.
Good to know.

>> Or is it that the content-type is sent as text/plain?
>
> Piggy Bank looks for the mime type, then (hackily) at the URL
> extension,
> if present. Both mime/type and extension do not identify anything we
> know about RDF (the xrdf extension probably means RDF/XML but it's the
> first time I see it), therefore we don't show up the coin.
>
> An alternative design would be to show the coin for ever page and then
> let the person click on it and get a 'no RDF found" message, which
> might
> be even more annoying.
Indeed it would be. I find the "No typed data found" annoying enough...

> Suggestions are welcome, of course.
Is there a place where I can configure which mime types and extensions
Piggy Bank should be aware of?

Lars

--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson