Re: A bit of bomb throwing....

From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds_at_ingenta.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:58:30 +0000

Rickard Öberg wrote:

> ...some
> research later and internal lobbying and we now have a decision to
> implement RDF as the internal engine for how we manage information in
> our stuff.

Which is pretty much where we are at too. I held off for a long time
about pushing us down an RDF route for content management as I wasn't
sure whether it was necessary or would scale. But after taking a step
back and realising that the way we'd been evolving our code and
storage was to make it "kinda" RDF, we bit the bullet, did the testing
and we've now pretty close to deploying our production RDF store.

If the semantic web is slow to take off, its because its closing this
final loop -- letting developers connect the benefits of RDF to solving
problems they're dealing with on a day to day basis -- that may be
missing. And thats as much (mostly?) about communication and advocacy
than tools.

Cheers,

L.