RE: A bit of bomb throwing....

From: <matt_at_biomedcentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:59:45 -0000

BioPax?
http://www.biopax.org/
as an interchange format, this seems very real world.

Are there currently effective ways of making use of it with general purpose semantic web tools?
 Yes and No. But by providing a universe of RDF data, it helps solve the chicken and egg situation of (a) there not being enough structured data out there to foster the devlopment of practical tools (b) there not being enough practical tools out there to foster the development of structured data.

Matt

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com