Re: Further testing...

From: Rickard Öberg <rickard.oberg_at_senselogic.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:54:31 +0100

Rickard berg wrote:
> I have now tried to import a database with the website of a reasonably
> large customer containing ~300.000 objects. It worked very well. I am
> happy with the size of the database (1Gb), and after having indexed some
> XML XPath's (hence making the RDF database contain ~3.000.000
> statements) we can now do some SerQL queries on the data that we have
> not been able to do before in a convenient way. I'm very very happy with
> the results so far.

I added generic XPath's to this which indexes ALL references between
objects, regardless of where they are. I am all giggly now, because the
result is just mindbogglingly cool. Now I can do search-replace of
object references (e.g. "delete object X and replace all references with
object Y") and easily find how many links I have to a particular page
(e.g. "find all references between X and Y where X is a Link and Y is a
Page"). Stuff like that. Things that would have been IMPOSSIBLE with our
old technology, and certainly very very difficult with either just an
RDBMS or even XML-database. Now it's just plain trivial. I could even
implement garbage collection of objects in the database by using this
(e.g. "find all objects with no references and remove them. Repeat until
none are left").

Very nice. :-)

/Rickard

-- 
Rickard berg
rickard.oberg_at_senselogic.se
_at_work +46-(0)19-173036



Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 17:00:09 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Thu Aug 09 2012 - 16:39:18 EDT