Re: reworking welkin

From: Vineet Sinha <vineet_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:07:56 -0500

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Arvind Venkataramani wrote:
>> 1. What are you people using welkin for? What kind of data?
>
> I use it for a few things:

> 2) explore a subgraph of a bigger graph when I don't know what it is
> (normally when I need to draw equivalences)
>
> 3) explore a subgraph to understand graph-theoretical properties of it
> (how connected it is, how many 'clusters' there are) and so on

Stefano,
You mention exploring subgraphs a number of times, when you work with
subgraphs how do you obtain the subgraphs? Also, are there any
particular types of subgraph queries that you use?

Simply put there seem to be two parts to an information visualization
task: performing queries to obtain the data, and the the actual display
of the data. I am curious as to the types of queries that you perform,
so that we can have a simple interface to put such data into various
output formats.

Vineet