Re: search in longwell

From: thomas <thomas_at_stray.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:59:03 +0100

hi,

it looks to me like the sesame sail architecture would allow to make the
lucene index one data source, beside "ordinary" triple stores and to query
them together (seamlessly) (with serql/sparql). did you think about that?
or do you have reasons for emphasizing the faceted query engine (like:
"it's faster", "it's all we need right now", "it's easier to comprehend"
etc)?

thanks,
thomas

--On Dienstag, 7. Februar 2006 8:31 Uhr -0500 David Huynh
<dfhuynh_at_csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Longwell 2 has its own faceted browsing query engine, which delegates
> parts of a faceted browsing query to Lucene and parts to Sesame.
>
> David
>

> thomas wrote:
>
>> hi again,
>>
>> sorry for the sloppy report. i was using longwell 1.0.1 from the
>> releases download page (so not even the newest version available
>> there, as i relized just now...). but, after a little more reading i
>> learned that langwell 1 is unlikely to be continued, so i tried (and
>> managed!) to install longwell 2 from the stable trunk and now
>> restrictions by fulltext search work as expected - which is great :)
>>
>> though i would still like to know how you build the intersection of
>> both result sets, fulltext and properties.
>>
>> thanks,
>> thomas
>>

>> --On Montag, 6. Februar 2006 22:13 Uhr +0100 thomas <thomas_at_stray.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i played around with longwell and was very pleased to see that it can
>>> restrict result sets by free text *and* facet concurrently.
>>>
>>> - can you give me a hint how you implemented this? through jena?
>>> - are you aware that the full text restriction can handle only one word
>>> (no matter if i send several searches with on eword or one search will
>>> several words)?
>>>
>>> anyway, i'm impressed by the simile-project!
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> thomas
>>>
>>> .
>>> mailto:thomas_at_stray.net
>>> http://stray.net
>>>
>>> .
>>> early optimization is the root of many evil . donald e. knuth
>>> to hack away at the world freely . mckenzie wark
>>> you've made your bed, you better lie in it . the jam
>>> when too perfect, lieber gott böse . nam june paik

.
mailto:thomas_at_stray.net
http://stray.net

..