Re: RDF and Web services?

From: zucker <zucker_at_research.dfci.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:30:42 -0500

Hello Rickard,

  Perhaps you should check out Taverna and the MyGrid project? See the
forwarded message below...

Sincerely,

Jeremy

attached mail follows:

Hello

John Michon wrote:

> Web services should also help guide our thinking in terms of use cases.

We have a large (circa 3000) registry of public biomedical services
(mostly web services) built as part of the myGrid project [1], one way
of using these services is through the Taverna workbench [2].

Currently these are being annotated in RDF and/or OWL although a
human-readable list [3] is also available. (See also BioMOBY post on
homologs for yeast proteins earlier [4])...

I have a set of use cases* for describing these services in order to
facilitate their (semi-)automagic discovery and interoperation using
reasoning. Vipul, can we incorporate these into the "Ontology Working
Group" deliverable somehow?

Duncan

* this now includes the yeast protein goid example from Chris Mungall
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-semweb-lifesci/2006Feb/0014.html

[1] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/
[2] http://taverna.sourceforge.net/
[3]