Re: Data quality

From: Steven Githens <s-githens_at_northwestern.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:00:17 -0600

It seems like a good long term investment, and pretty fun to play with,
so I think I'll try to use it. Our initial output and data won't be
extremely complex. At least not anymore than complex than FOAF.

I may or may not be able to fix stuff, though I'm looking forward to
seeing if I remember anything from those graph theory courses in school. :)

For our first iteration we can just generate the static pages ahead of
time, and if we run into a hitch I'll keep some Jython/RDQL scripts as
backup.

Thanks,
Steve

Ryan Lee wrote:

> Steven Githens wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefano, thanks for the feedback!
>>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> No, we are actively working on it for a demo that we'll present at
>>> the end of the month.
>>

>> Could you clarify this a little, I'm not sure if you meant it was or
>> was not ready for production.
>

> It's not production quality. I'm still actively making changes to an
> unstable codebase.
>
>> Let's say, hypothetically, that I wanted to use fresnel to output
>> html for a class website, with roughly 350 students, starting near
>> the end of March. :)
>

> If you want to consider beta quality, then it depends on how much work
> you want to do and how complex your needs are. If you don't mind
> reaching into the code to fix something you find isn't right or trying
> to figure out a way around it, and if what you're looking for is
> relatively simple (i.e., doesn't require anything outside of Fresnel
> Core terms), you might make it.

Steven Githens, Chicago IL
s-githens_at_northwestern.edu
http://www.githens.org