Re: Data quality

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:42:00 -0500

Steven Githens wrote:
> Hi Stefano, thanks for the feedback!
>
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Steven Githens wrote:
>>
>>> The fresnel code looks cool too, but I'm guessing that's still not
>>> ready for production???
>>

>> No, we are actively working on it for a demo that we'll present at the
>> end of the month.
>
> Could you clarify this a little, I'm not sure if you meant it was or was
> not ready for production.

It's not production quality. I'm still actively making changes to an
unstable codebase.

> Let's say, hypothetically, that I wanted to use fresnel to output html
> for a class website, with roughly 350 students, starting near the end of
> March. :)

If you want to consider beta quality, then it depends on how much work
you want to do and how complex your needs are. If you don't mind
reaching into the code to fix something you find isn't right or trying
to figure out a way around it, and if what you're looking for is
relatively simple (i.e., doesn't require anything outside of Fresnel
Core terms), you might make it.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327