Re: Tyro question on PB and RDF+XML

From: Jon Crump <jjcrump_at_myuw.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:15:03 -0800 (PST)

Ryan et al.,

Following up to my own posts: you'll be pleased to know (or not) that I
solved part of the mystery. The two sample files I sent (copticjohn.rdf
and copticjohn1.rdf) now both parse in piggy-bank. I used subversion to
get and build PB 2.1.2 and that went more smoothly than I expected,
unfortunately it didn't help. Finally it dawned on me to change my java
preferences and FF now uses:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0
Using JRE version 1.5.0_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

That fixed that problem (and made everything noticeably faster as well).

However

My original problem, discussed in my post of Mon, 20 Feb "bibtex2rdf and
PB questions," has not gone away, and has been joined by other mysteries.
I have a collection of 4 files that fail in Piggy Bank in very odd ways.
The java console output along with a description of each of these failures
is attached as a comment to the beginning of each file.

I've attached a zip file of these four failures and if any who are wiser
in the ways of java than I would be willing to peruse them and suggest
what might be wrong, I would be grateful. If such attachments are not
considered kosher on this list, please let me know and I will attach them
as plain text.

I recently offered a presentation here demonstrating some of the Simile
suite, and extolling the virtues of RDF. It was well recieved, but to my
chagrin, I had to do the whole thing on a Windows XP box where I have none
of these problems.

J.J. Crump
Dept. of History 353560
University of Washington