Re: Semantic-bank: Does flairs and facades still tick in SB-2.1.1?

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:15:00 -0500

Hi Patrik,

Patrik Holmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a bit of backtracking in Semantic-Bank (SB) and found that the
> default installation of SB can't generate Starting Points in SB any-longer.
> It used to work. So, I had a look at the referred flairs and facades of a
> default foaf-facade.n3 - at the simile url
> http://simile.mit.edu/2005/04/flair - and found nothing but a Page Not
> Found-notice. Other ontologies present in the provided foaf-facade.n3 of the
> semantic-bank-2.1.1.zip package, as the rdf-schema
> http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema, are reachable and readable. Anyone
> with ideas about this 'Page Not Found'-problem?

We just hadn't coordinated between ontology namespaces and their actual
HTTP resources. By all means, let us know if you find any other missing
vocabularies.

I see there's a bug w/patch filed on Longwell that relates to Flair,
which I just applied. It's probably unrelated to your issue, but you
may want to try SB out of the repository to check.

What precisely did you do in the past that worked but no longer works?

> A notice to the webmaster: Yesterday, I had a look at the SB-subsite.
> Browsing-around in the subsite I noticed that the available 'View the Code
> History'-link - http://simile.mit.edu/viewsvn/semanitc-bank/trunk/ - is
> spelled as 'semanITC-bank'. Causing the following HTTP 404-message:
> -->
> An Exception Has Occurred
> semanitc-bank/trunk: unknown location
> HTTP Response Status
> 404 Not Found
> Python Traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/versions/viewcvs-20041212/lib/viewcvs.py", line 3275, in main
> request.run_viewcvs()
> File "/opt/versions/viewcvs-20041212/lib/viewcvs.py", line 291, in
> run_viewcvs
> % self.where, '404 Not Found')
> ViewCVSException: 404 Not Found: semanitc-bank/trunk: unknown location
> <--
>
> It might be a good thing to correct that link - and on the whole provide a
> neutral HTTP-404 message. Also, are you guys still using CVS in any way? I
> thought Simile used Subversion (svn.)
>
> // Patrik

Thanks for the catch. ViewCVS is just the name of the software, it so
happens it could be adapted to SVN without being wholly rewritten, so
they packaged it up without changing the name. Unfortunately it seems
to handle 404's on its own without passing them downstream, so I made a
quick change to the error template to look more like the rest of the site.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327