Longwell on OS X, naive questions

From: Jon Crump <jjcrump_at_myuw.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:57:02 -0800 (PST)

Now that it has finally dawned on me (now having read the revised
users-guide) that I can use longwell2 as its own server, independent from
PB, I'm having less trouble with the bib2rdf output that was giving me
fits a while ago (PB still chokes on it). On the other hand, there are
some things I don't understand:

1. Running longwell2 under linux I get a choice of "views" List, Calendar,
Map, and Graph. Under OS X these choices do not appear. What am I missing?

2. On my iBook, the facet boxes on the right are displayed old-style: a
short list of open boxes (in this case type, volume, and year, (why just
these I don't know)) with a list of properties below. Select a property,
and an open facet box appears above. This is quite different from the
linux display which shows each property in its own box with a double
chevron to expand or collapse the facet box. Is this the expected
behavior? Can anyone explain why the difference?

3. If I add an RDF file to the database thus:

[prometheus]jjcrump:~/longwell> ./longwell.sh run longwell.properties
src/rdf somebibliodata.rdf

I get several warnings like this:

W arning: Unable to set namespace prefix 'ns2' for namespace
'http://simile.mit.ed u/2005/04/longwell#': Prefix 'ns2' is already used
for another namespace on null at [-1,-1]

This does not seem to affect the loading of the model, and the new data
seem to be handled correctly. Is this the expected behavior?

Still finding my way,
Jon
J.J. Crump
Dept. of History 353560