Re: :: Semantic-bank: Does flairs and facades still tick in SB-2.1.1? -> a bit of weeding-out...

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:56:14 -0400

Patrik Holmer wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> about what used to work in the Semantic-bank-2.1.1-tagged version: A
> back-to-basics test, loading all the ontologies, followed by configurations
> and facades available under ../src - as suggested at the end of
> http://simile.mit.edu/semantic-bank/install.html, doesn't result in any
> Starting Points displayed. Any-how, I'll follow your advice and check out
> the trunked version of SB, Ant-it and return concrete findings to the
> discussion group.

I may refrain from fully answering your follow up emails because of my
gaffe here - you should be trying SB against the stable branch of
Longwell, not the trunk. We haven't even tested that and it isn't part
of our plan to in the near term future.

Sorry to point you down the wrong road, you may want to come back to
this point and start down the stable path to see where it leads you.

> By the way, I find many issues, as mine, to be nothing but specific user
> issues - or, at worst, a colloquial "1337". So, assuming you have access to
> an activity report, how frequent is the use of the Issue Tracker at both
> ends of the table?
> More specifically, are the issues monitored daily by it's project managers?

I'm not sure what form of answer you're looking for on the user end.
People do use it, but it's not a daily occurence. We are watching the
issue tracker regularly.

> Further, what about making the Issue tracker as accessible as the mailing
> lists on the http://simile.mit.edu Front Page? That would be the already
> displayed 'Join us by subscribing to our mailing lists' followed by a new
> link of 'Log on to the Issue Tracker to handle your [Simile] issues' -
> http://simile.mit.edu/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa. If nothing less, it
> might help to ease the word-per-minute count.

Perhaps, we'll consider it.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327