Re: titles with quotation marks do not display properly

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:44:09 -0400

Jason Ronallo wrote:
> Do you have a bug tracker or is this an appropriate place to report problems?

We have been using the wiki so far

http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Citeline_Todos

> There seems to be a problem with titles that include quotation marks:
>
> In the Bibtex:
> title = {"FRBRization" is not FRBRization},
>
> In the Citeline JSON:
> "label" : "\\\\ufffd\\\\ufffd\\\\ufffdFRBRization\\\\ufffd\\\\ufffd\\\\ufffd
> is not FRBRization",
>
> So the only thing that shows up in the HTML is:
>
> Thanks again for your help.

I just tried to load this bibtex into citeline

_at_book{blah,
    title = {"FRBRization" is not FRBRization}
}

and it worked as expected.

I think that the quotes char " your original BibTeX were not in ASCII
(but it is in this email because probably your email client or your
clipboard did some encoding normalization).

ufffd is the unicode symbol for "no idea what character this was when I
tried to interpret it", which is why this is raising my suspicion.

Try removing those quotes from your original bibtex and adding them from
your keyboard (which are the right ASCII codes) and see if that works
for you.

Digital Libraries Research Group                 Research Scientist
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E25-131, 77 Massachusetts Ave               skype: stefanomazzocchi
Cambridge, MA  02139-4307, USA         email: stefanom at mit . edu