Re: further proceeding

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:00:37 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:

>> The only point where we disagree is the way to fulfill the requirement
>> "It
>> sould be possible to use CSS styling instructions together with
>> Fresnel". So
>> I'm wondering if we really should spend time on writing down all
>> requirements again or just skip this phase, which would save us 2 week in
>> the overall process and give Emmanuel more time to contribute to the
>> paper.
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> I think that's basically the root of contention, yes.

I think that for this specific point we should discuss requirements.
What I'd like to have:

- be able to associate CSS instructions with specific graphical
regions/entities of the displayed document. By regions and entities, I
mean things like "the object that represents the resource", "the object
that represents the property name", "the object that represents the
property value".

- be able to apply styling instructions based on conditions at the
source RDF model level, i.e. be able to say things like "color in red
all ex:age properties that have a value > to 47".

- drop any layout consideration, as layout portability is not achievable
(closely coupled with the application's underlying representation paradigm)

I also would like to have a well-defined intermediate tree format. Ryan,
I haven't had time to look at the code you wrote. Did you already make a
choice w.r.t that issue?

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66