Re: further proceeding

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:07:27 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:
> Emmanuel Pietriga wrote:
>
>> Ryan Lee wrote:

>>> If the styleHook predicate is structured properly, then one could
>>> attach a hook to any part of the graph (resource, property, object,
>>> label, etc.) no matter what selection conditions apply. So
>>> (embellishing a bit on my last proposal) :resourceHook,
>>> :propertyHook, :objectHook, etc
>>

>> I'm not really following you here. An example would help.
>

> If Chris is amenable to our discussion direction thus far, I'll send out
> a revised proposal. As we said, requirements agreement should come
> first so we don't get bogged down in technical discussions that will
> ultimately go unused.

Ok.

FYI, I am currently working on my Java-based FSL selection engine. My
goal is to have an API that builds a programmer friendly representation
of FSL paths in Java from the AST generated by ANTLR. The objects
composing this API could then easily be specialized (subclassed) or used
in any other way so that one could actually perform selection on various
representations of RDF model. For instance, I am more interested in
evaluating an FSL path against a Jena model, while you seem to be more
interested in doing so against a Sesame repository.

Hopefully, the implementation work required to actually evaluate the
path against a specific kind of repository/model/... should be small.

I hope to be done with the generic API at the end of next week.

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66