Re: AW: further proceeding

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:04:01 +0200

Chris Bizer wrote:

>>- be able to apply styling instructions based on conditions at the
>>source RDF model level, i.e. be able to say things like "color in red
>>all ex:age properties that have a value > to 47". This is not a core
>>consideration but may influence the overall design.
>>

> Yes, agreed. This should be possible but is not core. Meaning it should be
> possible using FSL.

This would be convenient, but I also agree to drop it from core. I guess
we'll have a better idea of whether this would actually be useful or not
once we (and others) have played with the language for some time.

>>- drop any layout consideration, as layout portability is not achievable
>>(closely coupled with the application's underlying representation
>>paradigm)
>

> I highly agree with the first part of the sentence, but I'm not sure about
> the second one ;-) But for the language design now: Yes, no layout
> considerations.

What do you call the second part of the sentence here? "layout
portability is not achievable"? I do agree with Ryan on this.

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66