Re: Using fresnel:FormatDescription ?

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:00:58 -0400

Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> I think there might be a bug in the ontology.
>
> As I understand it fresnel:FormatDescription isn't linked to anything
> because the range of fresnel:propertyStyle is datatype:string.

You may need to update the version of the ontology you're looking at as
I've made notes in the comments briefly saying the following:

It is impossible to avoid OWL Full in such a way that the range of a
*Style is either a string or an object. There are owl:DatatypeProperty
and owl:ObjectProperty classes, and not until OWL Full can they overlap.
  This is not so much a bug as it is a limitation of the modelling
choices we made.

> See manual for example's where FormatDescriptions are used together with
> hook properties.
>
> The reason for having descriptions on the hook properties is that you might
> also want to define additional content that should appear before or after
> resources and not only before or after values.
>
> Do I remember this right?

I managed to cut the ontology down to OWL DL, but I suppose for
correctness' sake I should really bring it back to OWL Full; those cuts
left out important information.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327