Re: classFormatDomain + propertyStyle

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:21:22 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:
> How would these be interpreted?
>
> :myResourceFormat rdf:type fresnel:Format ;
> fresnel:classFormatDomain foaf:Person ;
> fresnel:propertyStyle "propertiesStylingClass" .
>
> :myPropertyFormat rdf:type fresnel:Format ;
> fresnel:propertyFormatDomain foaf:knows ;
> fresnel:resourceStyle "propertiesStylingClass" .
>
> Are they ignored, or do they say something about associated properties /
> resources (i.e., all properties of foaf:Person, or all resource objects
> of foaf:knows)? If I tried to set a label on a classFormatDomain
> Format, does anything happen?
>
> If ignored (or throwing a warning - the direction I'm leaning in),

Agreed. They should be ignored. Inheritance is tempting, but I think we
should stay out of this. I don't think we require it. If we do, we can
add it later.

> should there be some language and ontology manipulation to keep
> property/label/value from being used with resource formatting and vice
> versa?

It would be nice.

> How about:
>
> :myMixedFormat rdf:type fresnel:Format ;
> fresnel:classFormatDomain foaf:Person ;
> fresnel:propertyFormatDomain foaf:knows ;
> fresnel:propertyStyle "personKnowsStylingClass" .
>
> This could be another matter of inheritance.

I would say:
- you can mix resource/property declarations in the same Format,
- but if you use propertyStyle/property???/... you *must* have a
propertyFormatDomain declared
- and if you use resourceStyle/... you *must* have a resourceStyleDomain
declared

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66