Re: Reading through vocabulary - 2

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:40:25 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:

> 2. :labelLens
>
> It was unclear to me during implementation how to interpret a label lens
> that's more complex than one property. What happens when something like
> the following is submitted to a Fresnel engine?
>
> :foafPersonLabelLens rdf:type fresnel:Lens ;
> fresnel:purpose fresnel:labelLens ;
> fresnel:classLensDomain foaf:Person ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( foaf:name foaf:mbox ) .
>
> Is each implementer going to be left to determine how to concatenate
> multiple property values on their own? Multiple values for one property?

I am not sure I understand your concern here. Are you worried about the
lack of specification w.r.t how a browser should present foaf:mbox for a
given resource if it has multiple values?

If that's your point, I think that in the absence of formatting
instructions, the values should just all be displayed with whitespace
between them.

> Though... does this look reasonable (abbreviated lens)?
>
> :foafPersonLabelLens fresnel:showProperties (
> foaf:name
> [ rdf:type fresnel:PropertyDescription ;
> fresnel:property foaf:mbox ;
> fresnel:valueFormat [
> fresnel:contentBefore "(" ;
> fresnel:contentAfter ")" ;
> ]
> ) .
>
> If it does, should we include it as an example somewhere?

So, what you are proposing is to allow to "plug" basic property
formatting information in the lens, right?

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66