Re: FSL for Jena & IsaViz

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:20:52 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:
> Emmanuel Pietriga wrote:

>> I've also implemented a version for IsaViz: you can enter an FSL
>> expression in the GUI, and it will highlight all paths in the current
>> RDF graph that match the FSL expression. See [1].
>>
>> [1] http://www.lri.fr/~pietriga/2005/07/FSLinIsaViz.jpg
>

> Now *that* is pretty cool :)

I thought this could be useful as a "learning/debugging" tool for people
who want to learn FSL.

And once I had done the Jena version, it was easy to do an IsaViz
version (the in-memory representation of the RDF model is not the same,
but they are pretty close).

Both the Jena and IsaViz FSL engines share a lot of code, which is
currently duplicated. I'll try to do some refactoring so that other
would-be Java-based implementations can use this part off-the-shelf.
This will have to wait until mid-august though...

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66