Re: FSL engine for Sesame

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:55:40 -0500

Emmanuel Pietriga wrote:
> I've made these public and checked it against your Sesame122 classes. It
> seems to work fine.
>
> You can get the new IsaViz-FSL version from the W3C cvs or the JAR file
> from http://www.lri.fr/~pietriga/IsaViz/
>
> Let me know if there is anything wrong.
>
> Emmanuel

It works perfectly, as does upgrading Ant to the latest as you suggested
earlier.

Are we agreed at all about how prefix mapping looks when using FSL in
Fresnel? I recall we said we weren't going to solve this problem in a
standard form after much discussion, and, accordingly, the manual has no
information on how to do it. I could try to come up with something in
my own implementation, though it might be hard since I don't think
Sesame 1.x records prefix maps in its models.

Chris' example Fresnel configurations contain this sort of approach:

   """PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
      PREFIX ex: <http://www.example.org/ns#>
      rdf:Class[ex:something]"""^^fresnel:fslSelector

which seems to bring into question what exactly a fresnel:fslSelector
datatype means (though his examples do predate the precise invention of
that datatype).

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327