Re: Fresnel vocabulary question

From: Steve Dunham <dunhamsteve_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:53:31 -0800

On 3/1/06, Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga_at_inria.fr> wrote:
> If your intent is to use :fallBackLens for displaying resources that are
> not matched by any other lens, you don't need the notion of a "default"
> lens.

> :fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
> fresnel:classLensDomain "*"^^fresnel:fslSelector ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
> fresnel:group :group .

> :fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
> fresnel:classLensDomain "SELECT ?x WHERE {?x ?y
> ?z}"^^fresnel:sparqlSelector ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
> fresnel:group :group .

That is my intent, unfortunately, the examples you give don't work.
(The FSESelector gets created, but the simile fresnel code tries to
cast it to a TypeSelector before adding it to an internal hash table.)

The fresnel spec says that those selectors can only be used with
fresnel:instanceLensDomain, not fresnel:classLensDomain.
 ( http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/manual/#propertyselection )

I tried that, and it worked after fixing a lot of issues in the
fresnel code. (It's very slow, though; it has to select every resource
in the system and then check if the selected resource is in the list.