Re: Fresnel vocabulary question

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga_at_inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 08:55:13 +0100

Steve Dunham wrote:
> On 3/1/06, Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org> wrote:
>> Steve Dunham wrote:
>
>> Perhaps there's a part of our thinking that we haven't made too explicit
>> yet. Instead of a closed world of Fresnel lenses you've configured in
>> your application, imagine that there's a global repository of them that
>> you're drawing from, all readily available for use for that data you
>> don't know how you want displayed.
>
> I basically want a fallback to be used if you can't find one in the
> global repository.
>
>> What does it mean for there to be a default lens in that grand central
>> repository? Is there just one? How do we pick it? How do we make sure
>> it's the only one? Since we can't assure it with just RDF, how do we
>> pick from all of the default lenses? Back to square one - you're in an
>> environment where 'default' doesn't have much meaning.
>
> I guess the name "defaultLens" is already being used for something
> else. I'm thinking of something like this:
>
> :fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
> fresnel:classLensDomain fresnel:allClasses ;
> fresnel:purpose fresnel:defaultLens ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
> fresnel:group :group .
>
> Where :fallbackLens is used if a more specific lens is not found. (I
> tried setting the classLensDomain to rdf:Resource, but that didn't
> seem to work in longwell, maybe for lack of inferencing.)

If your intent is to use :fallBackLens for displaying resources that are
not matched by any other lens, you don't need the notion of a "default"
lens.

:fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
    fresnel:classLensDomain "*"^^fresnel:fslSelector ;
    fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
    fresnel:group :group .

:fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
    fresnel:classLensDomain "SELECT ?x WHERE {?x ?y
?z}"^^fresnel:sparqlSelector ;
    fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
    fresnel:group :group .

Now, it is true that you can't do it with basic selectors.

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66