Re: Cannot make Fresnel Implementation Working

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:21:18 -0500

Zak Mc Kracken wrote:
> Ryan Lee wrote:
>> The package is supposed to be generated when you run ant. In a
>> nutshell, the build process:
>> - builds a schema generator [compile-schemagen task]
>> - runs schemagen on Fresnel vocabularies [compile-vocabularies task]
>> - everything else is compiled, with build/classes/ on the classpath
>
> Ok! I ran build.sh and it worked, thank you. However and don't know how
> to continue: I've tried to run some example, using fresnel.sh, but
> <onto> is some file in onto/ and data something in data/, but what about
> <conf> ?
>
> Moreover, it wasn't so clear that it wants URLs (file:///...) instead of
> (possibly relative) paths.
>
> So, I feel like some minimal documentation is missing. Something like a
> tutorial that explains how to run some example and how the code is
> organized or can be used inside your own code. I could write something
> in change for some help/support in understanding the issue (or does it
> already exist?).
>
> Thanks.

There is admittedly no pointer from the code to the messages I've sent
on using the command line version:

   http://simile.mit.edu/mail/ReadMsg?listName=General&msgNo=488
   http://simile.mit.edu/mail/ReadMsg?listName=Fresnel&msgNo=180

I suppose I could pack some of that into a usage() message, but I don't
anticipate writing a whole lot of documentation for the command line.

A code usage snippet does probably belong in the javadoc somewhere.

You're welcome to file an issue in our issue tracker (under Longwell)
and make suggestions for its resolution there.

   http://simile.mit.edu/issues/

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327