Xenon and Fresnel

From: Chris Bizer <chris_at_bizer.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:26:43 +0100

Hi everybody,

I was talking to Dennis Quam at ISWC in Japan about bringing people together
in order develop an RDF display vocabulary.

He has developed an alternative approach to Fresnel called Xenon which is
more XSLT oriented. A paper submitted to WWW2005 about Xenon is attached to
this mail.

We were discussing how Xenon and Fresnel could fit together (see mails
below) and Dennis proposed, that Xenon could be used to implement Fresnel.
Interesting direction ...

What do you think?
What do you think about Xenon?

Ryan: I saw in the SIMILIE repository that, you started implementing Fresnel
(http://simile.mit.edu/repository/fresnel/). What is the context of this
work? What's the timeframe?

I was also talking about Fresnel with some guys who were presenting semantic
portals at ISWC. They had similar, less expressive and more ad-hoc display
languages in their portals and were very interested in Fresnel. It seams
like many people are seeing the need for agreeing on a display language and
we could get some adopters easily, if we were coming up with something
flexible, but easy to use ....

Cheers,

Chris