Re: Freezing the Fresnel Vocabulary

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:36:02 +0100

Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think Fresnel vocabularies have reached a pretty mature state and our
> discussion tend to focus on really small details and rather esoteric cases.
> The common cases can be handled by the current vocabularies without major
> problems.
>
> So I think it would be a good idea to freeze the Fresnel vocabularies after
> our meeting today and wait with further changes until we got more experience
> from implementing and using the stuff to visualize more real-world
> ontologies.
>
> This would mean:
> 1. Include the changes to the lens and style names proposed by Emmanuel.
> 2. See if David Karger comes up with further problems today and then solve
> them.
> 3. Freeze the vocabs and concentrate on documentation and implementation
> afterwards.
>
> What do you think?

I'm ok with this. As I said earlier, I will focus on FSL next week and
should have the full documentation ready in two or three days. I already
have a parser for FSL, which still needs some work on the API side, but
I should be able to provide Ryan with it very soon if he wants to use it
in Longwell. I'd then like to play with all this in IsaViz. So freezing
the vocabulary is fine with me.

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66